Thursday, March 29, 2012

Please get me started with a Web Shop application

I am a software developer doing ASP.NET work to gain experience.

Now I am looking at a relatively low budget Web Shop application.

Guess I should start with some kind of framework?

Should I go Nuke? Or is the portal concept not relevant for a single application?

IBuySpy store? Or is that more of a reference implementation?

Is there some standard way to exchange information with other applications like accounting programs etc?

This is in Europe, €s only, English only, international shipping, manual credit-card processing.Hello, you may want to start with IBYStore which which will give you a good experience in the field of ecommerce. Then after this, you would have gained good experience,you may start thinking of ther advanced possiblr solutions.

best of luck.
It is for experience, but also I cant bind up a lot of time in the project, and I need to create a relatively OK site!

Also it should be easy to administer. I need to create a way so that he can configure menus, also with his present solution he can just edit an Access DB with the product information and drop it on the server.

I am not so sure IBS is so easy to use from the administrators point of view, and that it easy to make these kind of modifications in IBS?

Another question: How much would you guys charge (Money/Days) for a project like this? (Say a store based on IBS with some modifications?) I guess people who do this usually do a lot of very similar projects of a few days/weeks, so they would be able to do it very fast?
IBS is open source, so you can modify if you understand the source. It might take a while before you do so...
Hi,

The cost and time span is based on the complexity of the web-site.

It can be calculated by the effort required to build (effor in man/hours).

hope u get it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment