Monday, March 26, 2012

Please Guide me

Hi,

I have just started learning ASP.NET. My background is in Cold Fusion, Perl, C++ and some JAVA.
I got this book on asp.net by microsoft. "ASP.NET programming with Visual Basic.NET STEP by STEP". The book is ok. I am trying to find some code samples which are good for beginners (i mean not very complex). Where can i find such samples which i can download and understand the actual usage of asp.net.

Please help me. I am lost. I have read half of the book, and still not very clear on some of the concepts. Is it easy to learn on my own or should taking some kind of training is a good idea.

Thanks.Check out:
ASPNet101.com
That should help a little to get you started, at least

also - remember that the basic concept of ASP.Net is that it is Event Driven and Object Oriented - - it brings actual programming concepts (like Visual Basic, etc) to web programming.

Every Web form tag is considered an object - - each object has properties - - (and more)
To 'Do' something with any of these objects, it requires an event, like, a button would have a Click Event (among others) - - there is no submission of a form, per se, any more - - you can program a button to do anything you'd like.

First thing I'd narrow in on, other than the basic concept of ASP.Net, is the Web Controls (Server Controls) that ASP.Net has built in (button, textbox, etc) - - - much of the real power comes from there - -
Next, I'd check out ADO.Net - - which is what ASP.Net uses for 'talking' to Databases (just about any flavor db that you need).....

0 comments:

Post a Comment