Monday, March 26, 2012

Please help

Hi there,
At the moment I'm part of a web development team who currently use Oracle Portal (Hate it) to develop in.
We're looking to move away from portal and want to use Visual Studio.NET. Personally I have a lot of knowledge in Visual Basic, so am hoping that the transition to .NET will be pretty straightforward.
How easy is it to develop in, and deploy web applications on a server that any client with a web browser can use?
Also it'll be connecting to an Oracle Database.
Sorry if the questions seem a bit vague but I haven't used .NET yet.
Thanks in advance.all what i can say that VS.NET is a powerful tools... it depends badically what you want to develop and you can then evaluate your skills ... easy and difficult apply to the person not to the VS.NET as the project might sound peice of cake for you and might sound impossible to me .....both of us are right !! i might be dump in this technology and you might be expert
it is better always to expand the nature of the work you want to acheive so you can get better respnse !! good luck and welcome to .NET world !
I have been using VS.Net for about 6 months now. It was the best move our compnay made. It made development faster and more efficient. Before I switched to .Net I had experience in VB6 and ASP.
I am now more comfortable with Asp.Net and C# than with my previous languages. The database you choose doesn't effect the difficulty of learning .Net, it is just a different connection string.
It may be frustrating trying to migrate but once you get it you'll never look back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment