Monday, March 26, 2012

Please help - Client/Server communication with VB.Net/ASP

I am writing my first VB.Net ASP application and would like to set up
another computer for testing.

On the "host" computer I have installed IIS and used VB.Net to create an
HTML member in the c:\ root directory called Index.htm. This module is a
simple "Hello World" HTML file. This machine is connected to the internet
and has a static IP address.

On the "Client" computer I enter the IP address of the host (with or without
"\Index.htm") on the Address line of IE6 and press enter.

I should then see my "Hello World" file, right? Well, I get "This page
cannot be displayed". What am I missing??

Thanks in advance,
JohnHi John,

I think you should put the Index.htm under wwwroot folder. By default, it is
the "c:\inetpub\wwwroot" folder.

--
Regards,

Felix Wang
Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.

"John Howard" <john_howard@.dcf.state.fl.us> wrote in message
news:3ffea1e2$1@.news.hcs.net...
> I am writing my first VB.Net ASP application and would like to set up
> another computer for testing.
> On the "host" computer I have installed IIS and used VB.Net to create an
> HTML member in the c:\ root directory called Index.htm. This module is a
> simple "Hello World" HTML file. This machine is connected to the internet
> and has a static IP address.
> On the "Client" computer I enter the IP address of the host (with or
without
> "\Index.htm") on the Address line of IE6 and press enter.
> I should then see my "Hello World" file, right? Well, I get "This page
> cannot be displayed". What am I missing??
> Thanks in advance,
> John

0 comments:

Post a Comment